Thanks so much for logging on to our website to find out "just who in the hell is this DZL dude?" Here are some things about me that are random, but true:
- I'm 33 years old
- I'm the lead singer and guitar player for a rock band called Drop D!
- I love football (NFL and College)
...being from Atlanta I am a Braves fan, a Georgia Bulldogs fan and YES a Falcons fan. SORRY! BORN AND RAISED IN ATLANTA. Deal with it!
- I like to think of myself as a totally under appreciated grilling chef.
- My favorite booze is Patron
- My favorite beer is Bud Light Lime (and I'm NOT afraid to admit it!)
- I like brussel sprouts. Shut up.
- I have a bad ass collection of electric and acoustic guitars.
- Been playing guitar for around 20 years.
- I SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC!!!
- Our Clear Channel softball team sucks!
-I am a golf "punk." I'm not good, but I LOVE to play.
- More of a boobs man than a leg man, but I think we are all ass men.
- I LOVE my TIVO/DVR. I couldn't imagine life with out it!
- I have a smokin' HOT wife that is WAY too hot to be with me!
- My favorite condiment is Heinz 57. LOVE it on Tater Tots.
- Slipknot is one of my favorite metal bands of all time.
- Fuel is one of my favorite alternative bands of all time.
- Huey Lewis and The News is on my list of FAV 80's groups.
- My Dad and his wife live in Charleston, SC.
- My Mom and her husband live in Duluth, Ga.
- The name of my high school was Chattahoochie High...yeah, like the country song.
- I went to Georgia Southern University... and probably sound like it too. Shut up. Chicks dig the twang!
- Refuse to ever wear cacky pants... AND I hate them so much, I refuse to spell it properly.
- I'm a big fan of the black t-shirt. It's very slimming.
- I like coffee with creme and equal. Just now starting to get in to the hazelnut creamer though.
- I have lived in Tampa, FL... Atlanta, GA... Rochester, NY... Charlotte, NC... Columbia, SC too.
I'll post more as I think about em'! Thanks for logging on, now put up your horns... \m/ \m/ ... and RAWK!!!! Go stream me biotch!
Last week's announcement that Three Days Grace front-man Adam Gontier was leaving the band sent shockwaved through the rock world. But, almost immediately, there were large discrepancies between the band's story and Adam's story.
First, Three Days Grace released a statement citing "health issues" as the reason Adam had left the band. They said that they received Adam's letter of resignation on December 21st. Many assumed "health issues" meant "drug addiction" but, Adam released a statement proclaiming that he was sober. He also said that he was playing a concert as a solo artist.
Then, Adam posted a rant on Facebook about his plans to release new music. He claimed that it is the best music he's ever recorded. He also said that the other members of Three Days Grace did not talk to him following his resignation. The post also included an anti-music industry rant:
"The music BUSINESS. Remember this people..., in my/our case, it's always been about the 'business'. The money. What about the love for creating real music from the heart? Where did that fit in? Pretty much nowhere. No room for music from the heart, when it's just about music for the radio."
This rant led to a post from Three Days Grace saying, "after public statements by Adam we feel the need to give our fans the facts." They outlined their whole story. On December 21, 2012 the members of the band and their managers received a letter from Adam's lawyer stating:
"Please be advised effective immediately Adam is terminating his involvement with the band Three Days Grace. Adam has been wrestling with a health issue, outlined in the attached letter (a doctor’s letter dated December 14), which would have precluded him from touring with the band in 2013 and he wants the group to continue moving forward as they see fit while not holding them back."
The band's last show was on December 15th. One day after the doctor's letter. They also say that bassist Brad Walst texted Adam to ask if he wanted to discuss his decision. Adam's response was, “My decision is 100%. My relationship with Three Days Grace is over.”
Three Days Grace will tour with Shinedown starting in February. After that tour, they will move on, but are unsure what that will be like.
Finally (at least for now), Adam posted to Facebook regarding his "health issues" on Wednesday night. He writes that he will release his health records to "bring light to the truth." In the post, he cites that his health struggles include emotinal struggles with Three Days Grace. He also writes that this information will be coming soon.