Thanks so much for logging on to our website to find out "just who in the hell is this DZL dude?" Here are some things about me that are random, but true:
- I'm 33 years old
- I'm the lead singer and guitar player for a rock band called Drop D!
- I love football (NFL and College)
...being from Atlanta I am a Braves fan, a Georgia Bulldogs fan and YES a Falcons fan. SORRY! BORN AND RAISED IN ATLANTA. Deal with it!
- I like to think of myself as a totally under appreciated grilling chef.
- My favorite booze is Patron
- My favorite beer is Bud Light Lime (and I'm NOT afraid to admit it!)
- I like brussel sprouts. Shut up.
- I have a bad ass collection of electric and acoustic guitars.
- Been playing guitar for around 20 years.
- I SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC!!!
- Our Clear Channel softball team sucks!
-I am a golf "punk." I'm not good, but I LOVE to play.
- More of a boobs man than a leg man, but I think we are all ass men.
- I LOVE my TIVO/DVR. I couldn't imagine life with out it!
- I have a smokin' HOT wife that is WAY too hot to be with me!
- My favorite condiment is Heinz 57. LOVE it on Tater Tots.
- Slipknot is one of my favorite metal bands of all time.
- Fuel is one of my favorite alternative bands of all time.
- Huey Lewis and The News is on my list of FAV 80's groups.
- My Dad and his wife live in Charleston, SC.
- My Mom and her husband live in Duluth, Ga.
- The name of my high school was Chattahoochie High...yeah, like the country song.
- I went to Georgia Southern University... and probably sound like it too. Shut up. Chicks dig the twang!
- Refuse to ever wear cacky pants... AND I hate them so much, I refuse to spell it properly.
- I'm a big fan of the black t-shirt. It's very slimming.
- I like coffee with creme and equal. Just now starting to get in to the hazelnut creamer though.
- I have lived in Tampa, FL... Atlanta, GA... Rochester, NY... Charlotte, NC... Columbia, SC too.
I'll post more as I think about em'! Thanks for logging on, now put up your horns... \m/ \m/ ... and RAWK!!!! Go stream me biotch!
In a move that surprised many rock fans, Three Days Grace front-man Adam Gontier abrubtly left the band. According to the band, Adam submitted a letter of resignation on December 21. Now, Adam has addressed rumors for exactly why he left the band. He says he has battled drug addiction in the past but claims that he is sober.
Read the full letter below:
"To all of my fans, my friends, my family, these are my words coming from my heart, separate from my role as “lead singer of Three Days Grace”.
I want you all to know how very thankful I am for your consistent love, your respect, and you’re undying support. It is important for me to address any concerns regarding my health being connected to drugs or addiction. The truth is, when I was struggling during that dark time in my life, I hit rock bottom, and I had the kindest of people reach out from all over the world, and reach their hands out to help pick me up. I am so blessed to be walking in the light now. I am reminded of your loyalty, always. The truth is, and I’m very proud to say this..., I am sober. That chapter in my life is over.
There have been many defining moments in my life. My time as part of Three Days Grace is most definitely one of the miraculous ones. I have had so many tender hearted people share with me their stories. How I’ve touched, or changed their lives. My truth is that all of the love I have received has forever changed my life. Each letter I’ve read, every picture I’ve been sent, all of the voices I’ve heard sing along with me, I will forever remember, and never forget...
After twenty years of being part of an ever evolving band, I have been inspired by life, to move on and to continue to evolve on my own terms. I could not be more grateful for all the souls who have travelled along with me. A journey I look back on with integrity, and a future I look forward to with such hope. I have always admired brave hearts. Life is always changing. I will continue to follow my heart, and what I love to do. I’m not sure what the next horizon will look like, but I do have all the faith in the world that whatever it is, It’s meant to be, and I have faith that blessings will continue to shine over all of us. I once heard a “brave heart” say:
“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.”
It’s because of my life’s journey, because of all of you, that I believe.
Sincerely, with love,