Thanks so much for logging on to our website to find out "just who in the hell is this DZL dude?" Here are some things about me that are random, but true:
- I'm 33 years old
- I'm the lead singer and guitar player for a rock band called Drop D!
- I love football (NFL and College)
...being from Atlanta I am a Braves fan, a Georgia Bulldogs fan and YES a Falcons fan. SORRY! BORN AND RAISED IN ATLANTA. Deal with it!
- I like to think of myself as a totally under appreciated grilling chef.
- My favorite booze is Patron
- My favorite beer is Bud Light Lime (and I'm NOT afraid to admit it!)
- I like brussel sprouts. Shut up.
- I have a bad ass collection of electric and acoustic guitars.
- Been playing guitar for around 20 years.
- I SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC!!!
- Our Clear Channel softball team sucks!
-I am a golf "punk." I'm not good, but I LOVE to play.
- More of a boobs man than a leg man, but I think we are all ass men.
- I LOVE my TIVO/DVR. I couldn't imagine life with out it!
- I have a smokin' HOT wife that is WAY too hot to be with me!
- My favorite condiment is Heinz 57. LOVE it on Tater Tots.
- Slipknot is one of my favorite metal bands of all time.
- Fuel is one of my favorite alternative bands of all time.
- Huey Lewis and The News is on my list of FAV 80's groups.
- My Dad and his wife live in Charleston, SC.
- My Mom and her husband live in Duluth, Ga.
- The name of my high school was Chattahoochie High...yeah, like the country song.
- I went to Georgia Southern University... and probably sound like it too. Shut up. Chicks dig the twang!
- Refuse to ever wear cacky pants... AND I hate them so much, I refuse to spell it properly.
- I'm a big fan of the black t-shirt. It's very slimming.
- I like coffee with creme and equal. Just now starting to get in to the hazelnut creamer though.
- I have lived in Tampa, FL... Atlanta, GA... Rochester, NY... Charlotte, NC... Columbia, SC too.
I'll post more as I think about em'! Thanks for logging on, now put up your horns... \m/ \m/ ... and RAWK!!!! Go stream me biotch!
I'll admit... I thought Green Day was ... meh... OK. UNTIL, I saw them perform live. Boy did that change my opinion. ONE OF THE BEST LIVE SHOWS I'VE EVER SEEN. I don't throw that around easily. It was hit after hit after hit and they even brought several random kids up on stage had THEM play the instruments and then GAVE them the instruments after they did it. Classy.
On Tuesday next week they'll release the first of a trilogy coming out over the next 6 months. This past Saturday they played small show at the Irving Plaza nightclub in New York City to promote the launch of a new music streaming service from Nokia. According to Loudwire, the marathon set spanned the punk trio's entire career and contained nearly 40 songs, including classics, rarities, hitsand covers of AC/DC's "Highway to Hell," Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train," the Rolling Stones' "Satisfaction" and the Isley Brothers' "Shout."
Check out some video and the set list from the show:
Here is Green Day's set list from the New York gig:
1. 'Welcome to Paradise'
2. 'Murder City'
3. 'Know Your Enemy'
4. 'Nuclear Family'
5. 'Stay the Night'
6. 'Stop When the Red Lights Flash'
7. Carpe Diem'
8. 'Let Yourself Go'
9. 'Kill the DJ'
10. 'Oh Love'
13. 'Hitchin' a Ride'
16. 'Highway To Hell / Crazy Train'
17. 'Brain Stew'
18. St. Jimmy'
19. 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams'
20. '2000 Light Years Away'
21. 'Only of You'
22. 'Disappearing Boy'
23. 'Christie Road'
24. 'Coming Clean'
25. '409 In Your Coffeemaker'
28. 'Stuck With Me'
29. 'At the Library'
30. 'Paper Lanterns'
31. 'When I Come Around'
34. 'King for a Day'
35. 'Shout / (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction'
36. 'Wake Me Up When September Ends'
37. 'American Idiot'
38. '99 Revolutions'
I'm exhausted from just TYPING all of those songs... can't imagine how they felt after playing them all...