Thanks so much for logging on to our website to find out "just who in the hell is this DZL dude?" Here are some things about me that are random, but true:
- I'm 33 years old
- I'm the lead singer and guitar player for a rock band called Drop D!
- I love football (NFL and College)
...being from Atlanta I am a Braves fan, a Georgia Bulldogs fan and YES a Falcons fan. SORRY! BORN AND RAISED IN ATLANTA. Deal with it!
- I like to think of myself as a totally under appreciated grilling chef.
- My favorite booze is Patron
- My favorite beer is Bud Light Lime (and I'm NOT afraid to admit it!)
- I like brussel sprouts. Shut up.
- I have a bad ass collection of electric and acoustic guitars.
- Been playing guitar for around 20 years.
- I SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC!!!
- Our Clear Channel softball team sucks!
-I am a golf "punk." I'm not good, but I LOVE to play.
- More of a boobs man than a leg man, but I think we are all ass men.
- I LOVE my TIVO/DVR. I couldn't imagine life with out it!
- I have a smokin' HOT wife that is WAY too hot to be with me!
- My favorite condiment is Heinz 57. LOVE it on Tater Tots.
- Slipknot is one of my favorite metal bands of all time.
- Fuel is one of my favorite alternative bands of all time.
- Huey Lewis and The News is on my list of FAV 80's groups.
- My Dad and his wife live in Charleston, SC.
- My Mom and her husband live in Duluth, Ga.
- The name of my high school was Chattahoochie High...yeah, like the country song.
- I went to Georgia Southern University... and probably sound like it too. Shut up. Chicks dig the twang!
- Refuse to ever wear cacky pants... AND I hate them so much, I refuse to spell it properly.
- I'm a big fan of the black t-shirt. It's very slimming.
- I like coffee with creme and equal. Just now starting to get in to the hazelnut creamer though.
- I have lived in Tampa, FL... Atlanta, GA... Rochester, NY... Charlotte, NC... Columbia, SC too.
I'll post more as I think about em'! Thanks for logging on, now put up your horns... \m/ \m/ ... and RAWK!!!! Go stream me biotch!
THIS is a band you need to know about. I've seen them in person and met them a couple of times. Beware Of Darkness is as strange and as cool as they look. They got to play Conan this past week and absolutely KILLED it. If you missed it... watch this:
Cell phone footage of a student in Texas berating his teacher for not caring enough is trending on YouTube. (It happened at a school in Duncanville, Texas, just outside of Dallas.)
In the video, he's just been kicked out of class, but stops on his way out to criticize the teacher for not motivating the students, and only giving them boring worksheets to fill out.
He says, quote, "You want kids to get excited for this? You gotta come in here and make them excited. You want a kid to change and start doing better? You gotta touch his freakin' heart."
Then he mentions that she recently came to class and talked about her paycheck for some reason, saying, quote, "When you come in here like you did last time, and make a statement about, 'Oh, this is my paycheck,' indeed it is. But this is my country's future, and my education."
I'm not condoning going off on your teachers because it IS disrespectful, but I think THIS kid may have a valid point.
Jimmy Kimmel did a segment the other night where a staffer went to the Coachella music festival, and asked people to comment on made-up bands, like "The Chelsea Clintons" and "The Obesity Epidemic."
The result was a bunch of hipsters embarrassing themselves. And apparently the guys at FootballNation.com liked the idea, because they sent someone to the NFL Draft, and asked fans to comment on PLAYERS that don't actually exist.
It's actually more ridiculous than the Kimmel one, because the player names are SO obviously fake . . .. (They answer questions about "Buster Hymen," "Mike Hawk," and "Neil Andblow.")